One of the things I miss MOST in my life since going sugar free is bread and eating sandwiches.
Origionally, I found this recipe on Kimkins … but you can find a version of this recipe all over the place on the internet. The rolls taste really good, contain protein and have ZERO carbs – Whoo Hoo – what more could you want?
An Idea: You can add some seasonings if you’d like too, like garlic powder or Italian Seasonings for a more savory taste.
3 eggs (separated)
3 tablespoon full fat cottage cheese (ricotta or cream cheese will work too)
1 package sugar substitute (I used Truvia)
1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 300 F.
- In a Magic Bullet or with a handheld mixer, mix the egg yolks, cottage cheese, salt and sweetener.
- In a metal bowl mix the egg whites and the cream of tarter until stiff (you can turn the bowl upside down and it won’t fall out).
- Gently fold in the yolk mixture to the egg whites.
- Spoon 10 piles onto two baking sheets that has been sprayed with a cooking spray (I used Coconut Oil Spray or you can use Parchment Paper too … less mess).
- Bake for 30 minutes or until a golden brown (watch to make sure that the rolls gently brown and don’t burn).
You can freeze the rolls. I usually make more than one batch as this only makes a few complete (top and bottom) rolls. Split in half to use as sandwich bread or for French toast.