This paleo recipe for Stuffed Peppers with ground beef is delicious and is always a hit in my home. If you like Italian Stuffed Peppers, you’re gonna really enjoy this!
6 bell peppers, assorted colors
4 – 6 strips bacon, chopped
½ pound ground pork
½ pound ground beef or venison
¼ cup celery, diced
1 onion, diced
4 garlic cloves, chopped
½ cup green onion, chopped
¼ cup parsley, chopped
2 large eggs, beaten
salt and fresh pepper to taste
- Cut tops off of bell peppers and remove its seeds. Dice tops and save for later. Soak peppers in boiling water for 5 minutes to soften.
- Cook bacon in a large skillet until crispy to render fat. Once brown, remove from skillet and set aside for later.
- Add ground beef or venison and pork to skillet. Using a wooden spoon, chop meats well to incorporate.
- Once meat is thoroughly browned, approximately 10 -15 minute, add celery, onion, garlic and reserved pepper tops. Sauté for another 10 – 15 minutes or until onions are cooked.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix green onion and parsley well with the meat filling. Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly in bowl.
- Once cooled, fold in the beaten eggs and season to taste with salt and fresh pepper.
- Generously stuff each pepper with the mixture and place in a roasting pan standing up.
- Place in oven and cook until brown on top, approximately 30 minutes.
TIPS: If you have an overabundance of meat mixture, spoon it around the peppers in the bottom of the roasting pan and cook. Everybody loves a little extra meat on their plate!
If your peppers have difficulty “Standing Up”, slice a thin layer off the bottom of the pepper to create a flat surface for it to stand on.
[iframe src=”http://smithtownweightloss.com/iframe/iframe.html” width=”550″ height=”285″]