Simple weight loss – that sounds like an oxymoron!
With all of the confusion about how to lose weight and the statistics showing that obesity is on the rise, I’m sure you’re surprised that I put the word “simple” and “weight loss” in the same sentence. But I assure you, simple weight loss is totally do-able and I’d love to teach you how to accomplish it for yourself!
Everyone’s metabolism is different, but there are ways you can speed it up within a reasonably short amount of time by making some changes to your diet and lifestyle.
Aside from resorting to radical practices such as ice therapy, the following realistic and common-sense strategies will help to boost your metabolism to encourage natural and simple weight loss:
- Avoid sugar (fructose in particular), starch and grains as they are shown to cause insulin- and leptin-resistance (a bad thing). Insulin and leptin resistance directly affects your hunger levels, your fat-burning potential, and consequently your weight.
- Listen to your body, and eat a healthy high protein/low carbohydrate meal or snack when hunger calls.
- Incorporate a well-rounded exercise regimen into your daily life that includes:
- Strength training (resistance bands, weights, etc) to build muscle. Did you know that for every pound of muscle that you gain, your body burns 50-70 calories more per day?
- High-intensity interval training, which has been demonstrated to significantly increase fat loss by boosting human growth hormone (HGH) production in the body.
- Get a handle on your stress levels and negative emotions. Tools like the Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT) can be useful when it comes to losing weight. Meditation, prayer, journaling, dancing (my favorite form of body movement) and exercise can also provide positive outlets for stress.
Listen, there’s no point in depriving your body of delicious, satisfying foods or starving yourself into an unrealistic size. Your goal should be to establish a healthy relationship with food, one that will keep you satisfied, nourished, healthy, vibrant, pleasure-filled and slim… all at the same time.
Simple weight loss is absolutely possible and I’d LOVE the opportunity to show you how… NOW is the time to take action and schedule your Jumpstart Health History & Lifestyle Analysis with me. Click here for more information.
[iframe src=”http://smithtownweightloss.com/iframe/iframe.html” width=”550″ height=”285″]