I was never a big fan of asparagus….until now. Whoo Hoo!!! I just love this recipe. It’s really healthy, super-easy and simply scrumptious! It’s a quick and easy side dish to whip up when you’re pressed for time. I particularly love it straight out of the oven when it has a little snap left in the stalks. Try to purchase asparagus stalks that are on the thinner side, they’re more tender and roast beautifully.
2 pounds fresh asparagus
extra virgin olive oil
sea salt, plus extra for sprinkling
freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Break off the tough ends of the asparagus and, if they’re thick, peel them.
- Place the asparagus on a stainless steel baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil, and then toss to coat the asparagus completely.
- Spread the asparagus in a single layer and sprinkle liberally with salt and pepper.
- Roast the asparagus for 25 minutes, until tender but still crisp.