1 tablespoon olive oil
1 & 1/2 pounds ground meat
1 small white onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 medium zucchini, diced
2 celery stalks, chopped
2 cups broccoli florets, chopped
16 ounces canned tomato sauce
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1/4 teaspoon dried marjoram
1/2 teaspoon dried basil
1/4 cup heavy cream
6 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Sauté the beef, onion and garlic in olive oil over medium heat in a heavy sauce pan for 5-10 minutes until meat is lightly browned. Drain off excess fat.
- Add the zucchini, celery and broccoli to the meat and cook an additional 5 minutes until softened.
- Add the tomato sauce, oregano, marjoram and basil. Allow to simmer for 15 minutes then add cream. Stir to incorporate and heat through an additional 2 minutes.
- Serve immediately with 1 tablespoon freshly grated Parmesan cheese per serving.
* Add an optional side salad with oil and vinegar dressing. This recipe makes terrific leftovers and may be frozen for up to one month.