If you’ve been following my work, you are most likely aware, that I LOVE zucchini and I LOVE bread! So naturally I would LOVE Zucchini Bread… this is delicious and very Fall/Winter tasting.
After trolling the world wide web for weeks (really), I decided on this recipe from DJ Foodie because it sounded like it would be delish… and it is!
It has a hearty consistency too. Try it out for breakfast; eat it plain or lightly toast a slice. And if you’re feeling sassy, add a small pat of butter (make sure it’s organic)- yum!
1 & 3/4 cups Spendid Gluten-Free Bake Mix (recipe)
1 cup Swerve (or equivalent sugar substitute of your choosing)
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 heaping teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon cloves, ground
1/3 cup coconut oil
3 large eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup green zucchini, grated
1/2 cup pecan halves, roughly chopped (optional)
- Pre-heat oven to 350 F.
- Grease and dust a standard loaf pan (8″x4″) with the gluten-free bake mix. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine all the dry ingredients. Mix well.
- In a separate mixing bowl, combine your wet ingredients, including the zucchini and toasted pecans (if using). Mix well, to make sure the eggs are completely mixed in.
- Add the wet mixture to the dry mixture. Combine to form a nice batter.
- Pour the batter into your prepared loaf pan and bake until it has risen in the center and is brown on the edges (about 40 minutes but could be longer depending on your oven).
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for at least 10 minutes.
Purchase Swerve – All Natural Sugar Substitute here and get it delivered straight to your door: