Well… I must tell you than I had to make this recipe THREE times before it came out perfect and website worthy!
Summer is approaching which means lots of backyard gatherings… and to me nothing screams backyard BBQ quite like a nice Low Carb Strawberry Cobbler for dessert.
The taste is delicious, buttery and light. I topped mine with a dollop of fresh whipped cream!
I personally do not use artificial sweeteners, they are chemicals and unhealthy. I use Swerve Sugar Substitute, it’s natural and doesn’t have a yucky aftertaste. You can purchase it online by clicking here.
TIP: This recipe will give you four generous servings. If you’re having a large gathering, I would double the recipe.
16 ounces fresh strawberries, washed and cut into bite sized pieces
2 tablespoons sugar substitute (I used natural Swerve)
1/2 cup butter, room temperature (salted)
1/4 cup sugar substitute (I used natural Swerve)
1/2 cup almond flour
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Mix cut up strawberries with 2 tablespoons sugar substitute (Swerve) in a bowl and set aside.
- Place the sweetened fruit in a greased 6×8″ baking dish or equivalent shallow baking pan (a 9×5″ loaf pan or a 9-inch metal pie plate would be about the right size).
- In a medium bowl, mash butter with 1/4 cup sugar substitute (Swerve) with a fork until incorporated and creamy.
- Beat eggs and mix into butter (it will look clumpy), then mix in the almond flour and vanilla extract.
- Place large spoon-fills of the mixture on top of the strawberries, don’t get too fussy as the topping will spread during baking.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until the top gets a golden brown.
- Let stand for a few minutes to cool and then serve the Low Carb Strawberry Cobbler alone or with home made whipped cream.
Whipped Cream: Put 1 cup of heavy cream in a cold bowl and whip with an electric mixer until light, fluffy and whipped creamy! You can add a sprinkle of sugar substitute but I don’t think it’s necessary!