3 tablespoons coconut oil
2 tablespoons almond meal
2 tablespoons vanilla whey protein
3 tablespoons Swerve Sugar Substitute (or erythritol)
1 tablespoon cocoa powder
1 pinch salt
1/8th teaspoon baking powder
3 tablespoons half and half
Dash of cinnamon (optional but lovely in my opinion)
- Put the coconut oil in a big coffee mug you’ve coated with nonstick cooking spray and microwave it until the oil is melted – 20 seconds or so. You want it just melted, not HOT.
- Remove the mug from the microwave and measure everything else into it. Use a fork to whisk the ingredients into a smooth batter consistency – be sure there are no pockets of dry stuff anywhere and that it’s all well-blended.
- Put it back in the microwave and cook for three minutes on full power. It’ll rise above the edge of the mug most likely and should be solid enough not to spill.
- When the three minutes are up, pull it out, let it cool a few minutes, tip it out on a plate, cut in two, and ENJOY!
- You can enjoy this with some whipped cream or sugar free vanilla ice cream AND it’s great all by itself, quite moist and yummy!
Source: 300 15-Minute Low Carb Recipes by Dana Carpender. Click here to buy the cookbook.
Lisa’s Notes On Ingredients:
I use Jay Robb brand protein powder. Click here to buy.
I use Swerve Sugar Substitute. Click here to buy.
I use aluminum free baking powder. Click here to buy.
I also recommend using Himalayan salt (because it contains lots of minerals), organic eggs and organic half and half.