This is a George Stella recipe (stellastyle.com).
Prep Time 10 min/ Cook Time 20 min/ Serves 4
Cooking oil spray
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
2 tablespoons tequila
2 tablespoons chopped red onion
2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
¼ teaspoon minced fresh garlic
1 ½ tablespoons ground cumin
½ teaspoon kosher salt
¼ teaspoon black pepper
1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
4 ounces shredded Colby or Cheddar-jack cheese
4 tablespoons sour cream
4 tablespoons salsa picante
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Spray a sheet pan with cooking oil and set aside.
- Place the olive oil, the chicken breast fillets, and all other ingredients, except the cheese, sour cream, and salsa, into a bowl. Toss until coated.
- Place the coated filets on the baking sheet and bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until a meat thermometer inserted into the thickest piece of chicken registers at least 165°F.
- Remove the cooked chicken from the oven, top with the shredded cheese, and return to the oven just long enough for the cheese to melt, about 2 minutes.
- Serve each piece topped with 1 tablespoon each of the sour cream and salsa.
HELPFUL HINTS: While the alcohol cooks out of this, you can leave the tequila out altogether if desired.