9 to 10 tablespoons grapeseed or olive oil
1 medium onion, chopped
1 large bunch asparagus, washed, thinly sliced and tough lower stems removed
5 leeks, white and light green part only, washed and thinly sliced
6 cups chicken stock or broth
1 pound ground chicken
sea salt and ground black pepper
- Heat a stockpot on medium-high heat. Add three tablespoons of oil.
- Add the onion and sauté until light brown, 7 to 10 minutes.
- Add the asparagus and leeks; sauté another 5 minutes.
- Add the chicken stock and bring to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix the ground chicken with salt and pepper. My ground chicken was sticking to my hands so I added some almond meal to dry it up a bit.
- Make small meatballs, about 1 inch diameter.
- In a large skillet, heat the remaining oil and fry the meatballs until browned on all sides.
- Add the meatballs to the soup, boil for a few minutes more then serve. Adjust the seasonings if needed.
For more delicious recipes like this one that will nourish your sacred body vessel from the inside out, check out cookbook/food bible by Suzanne Somers here: