This recipe is courtesy of low carb chef, George Stella and it is simple to make and delicious!
1 large head cauliflower, chopped
1 cup chopped broccoli
1 cup cooked chicken, cubed
3⁄4 cup heavy cream
4 ounces cream cheese, sliced
1 1⁄2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese, divided
6 ounces cooked bacon (no nitrates), chopped
- Place the rack in the center position and preheat the oven to 375°. Spray a 9×9-inch casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Cook the cauliflower and broccoli in the boiling water for about 5 minutes, or until crisp yet tender. Drain well; pat between layers of paper towels to dry, and transfer to the prepared baking dish, along with the cooked chicken.
- Bring the cream to a simmer in a small saucepan and whisk in the cream cheese, mustard, salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Stir in 1+1⁄2 cups of the cheese and whisk for just a minute until melted and combined. Remove from the heat and pour over the ingredients in the casserole dish.
- Sprinkle the cooked bacon over all, top with the remaining 1⁄2 cup of Cheddar, and bake for 15 minutes, or until browned and bubbling. Let cool for 5 minutes before serving
Try This: Chunk baked ham may be used in place of the chicken, and try using Swiss or gouda cheese in place of the Cheddar for a completely different casserole
Purchase George Stella’s cookbook on my Amazon Store here and have it delivered straight to you front door!